Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I select an E-Scooter that is suitable for me?
- What is covered under the Falcon Go's limited factory warranty?
- Do I need to service or maintain my electric scooter?
- How does the Inokim compare to other scooters?
- What is the Falcon Go Satisfaction Guarantee Program?
- What is the weight limit on each of the e-scooters?
- Where do we ship to and what are your shipping rates?
- What are the available modes of payment?
- Any electric scooter trade-in program for old/faulty scooters?
- Can I try out any of the e-scooters before committing myself to a purchase?
- Why are the prices of e-scooters in Thailand more expensive than other countries?
1. How do I select an E-Scooter that is suitable for me?
Here is comprehensive guide on the 8 things to consider when buying an e-scooter.
TLDR; The 2 most important things to consider are the distance you want to travel AND the type of commute you will be doing. As a rule of thumb, light and portable e-scooters sacrifice the comfort, power (for slope climbing) and safety aspects whereas powerful and comfortable escooters are generally around 15 kg or more and hence, not as portable. Here are some pointers:
- Light and Portable (under 12kg) - ZERO 2.0, Inokim Mini, E-TWOW Booster
- Balanced (12-15kg) - Inokim Light, I-MAX Q3/T3
- Rugged (>15kg) - Inokim Quick, I-MAX S1+, and the extremely powerful Dualtron scooters
The above is just a quick guide and not meant to be comprehensive. An important word of advice is to beware of cheap imitations or grey/black market products which are very prevalent nowadays. They look and feel like the original product but breakdown after a few months of riding due to the cheap parts they use. Here are 5 tips on how to tell apart a fake and original product.
2. What is covered under Falcon Go's limited warranty?
Warrantied components includes the Hub motor, Battery, Controller, Throttle and battery indicator unit, Charger unit and all other electrical wiring and components.
Consumables such as fuses, brake pads, brake calipers, braking disc, tires, tube, brake cable, bearings are not covered under the limited warranty.
Please refer to the warranty card.
3. Do I need to service and/or maintain my electric scooter?
In general, we recommend a service schedule of every 3-6 months depending on how often you utilize your electric scooter i.e. 3 months if you use it everyday and 6 months if you use it irregularly. There is a nominal service fee of THB 1,000 for general servicing which includes cleaning up your tyres, bearings, tuning your brakes and tightening up the folding and steering mechanisms.
4. How does the Inokim compared to other scooter brands like the GoPed and Electric Razor scooters?
The Inokim outperforms all other leading electric scooters on the market including the Zero, E-TWOW and I-MAX. The Inokim was conceived based on human-centered design principles. The chief designer of the Inokim, Nimrod Sapir, an award-winning Israeli industrial designer wanted to design an electric vehicle that is small enough to fit into a bag and sturdy enough to be used by adults on rough roads. The current Inokim encapsulates all the design features that is both fit for use in an urban environment while maintaining its road worthiness.
The ride comfort is very apparent in the Inokim’s 10″ pneumatic tires that enables you to ride over small curbs and potholes with ease. Aesthetically, it is pleasing to the eye which makes it a head-turner on the streets. As compared to the Go-Ped which has excellent built-in engineering features, it is on par in terms of engineering and battery technology but more value for money. Against the Razor, it's like comparing a toy car to a road-worthy vehicle. The Razor’s specifications in weight, range, battery technology are underwhelming when compared against the Inokim. The Razor is good as a neighborhood getaround toy vehicle, but for city commute, the Inokim has the specs to get you there safe and sound.
For more details on e-scooters, please visit our blog.
5. What is the Falcon Go Satisfaction Guarantee program?
Falcon Go gives all customers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. We protect customers from making impulse purchases by implementing a reasonable rental program that allows potential customers to try our range of electric scooters before purchasing.
The customer simply has to put down a security deposit which will be refunded at the end of the trial program. The cost for the trial is THB 500 per unit per day with a THB 12,000 safety deposit. If you are interested in our rental program, please email us.
The trial is subject to availability of demo units.
On top of that, Falcon Go also gives all customers LIMITED warranty on manufacturing defects and coverage on electrical parts including the battery. Customers can directly process the claim with Falcon Go and we will replace any defective parts promptly. Our warranty is an in-house warranty which means that any cost of shipment of parts shall be covered by the buyer. For details terms and conditions, please read our warranty terms and conditions here.
At Falcon Go, we like to empower our customers to do their own easy maintenance. So, we have come up with a series of instructional videos for our customers to DIY on our YouTube channel. We encourage you to subscribe to our channel to learn more about our new videos.
6. What is the weight limit on each of the Scooters?
Inokim Quick - 120 kg
Inokim Light - 100 kg
Inokim Mini - 90 kg
E-TWOW Booster / Zero 2.0 - 100 kg
Speedway Mini 4 - 120 kg
7. Where do we ship to and what are our shipping rates?
You will be happy to know that we offer free delivery for our e-scooters and e-bikes in Thailand! :)
Please check out our international partners in the Southeast Asia region.
8. What are the available modes of payment?
Available modes of payment:
1) Cash on Delivery
2) Credit Card (PayPal)
3) Bank transfer (Contact us for more details)
Look out for updates as other payment options will be made available soon.
9. Any trade-in program for old/faulty electric scooters?
Bring your electric scooter(selected models only) to us for a free inspection and get an immediate credit towards the purchase of a new electric scooter with a 1 year factory warranty.
Estimated Trade-in Value
Zoom Air / E-TWOW
THB 2,500 - THB 5000
MyWay (Quick 1)
Inokim Quick 2
THB 10,000 - THB 35,000
10. Can I try out the e-scooters before committing myself to a purchase?
Of course! If we have the scooters in stock, we can meet you at a place of your convenience so you can test out the e-scooters or e-bikes before you buy. Contact us to make an appointment.
This service is only available in Bangkok.
11. Why are the prices of e-scooters in Thailand more expensive than in other countries?
The Government of Thailand levies a 60% import tax on all electric vehicles coming into the Land of Smiles. This is why electric vehicles here, whether scooters or bikes, tend to be more expensive than in other countries.